MADISON, Wis. - It will be one busy weekend for a northeastern Wisconsin family.
Triplets Stephanie, Kyle and Ashley Verhasselt, of Freedom, will receive their undergraduate degrees at the University of Wisconsin-Madison in three separate commencement ceremonies.
The triplets and their younger brother, Adam, are all first-generation college students at Madison. The triplets say they made a conscious decision to end their college careers together, but they've followed their own distinctive paths.
Kyle majored in business and will head for a job at G.E. Capital. Ashley is a biology major and will attend the Medical College of Wisconsin this fall. Stephanie will graduate with a social work degree.
The siblings said they've enjoyed weekly meals together and tailgating during the football season at Madison. Stephanie said their parents have lived for any excuse to travel to Madison.3 commencements for UW-Madison triplets
- License plate left behind at hit-and-run scene IDs driver, police say
- State Democrats announce new gun safety coalition
- State dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Madison man claims $50,000 lottery prize
- Consumer Reports: How to ease stress of moving
- Garrison Keillor coming to Breese Stevens Field