MADISON, Wis. - It will be one busy weekend for a northeastern Wisconsin family.
Triplets Stephanie, Kyle and Ashley Verhasselt, of Freedom, will receive their undergraduate degrees at the University of Wisconsin-Madison in three separate commencement ceremonies.
The triplets and their younger brother, Adam, are all first-generation college students at Madison. The triplets say they made a conscious decision to end their college careers together, but they've followed their own distinctive paths.
Kyle majored in business and will head for a job at G.E. Capital. Ashley is a biology major and will attend the Medical College of Wisconsin this fall. Stephanie will graduate with a social work degree.
The siblings said they've enjoyed weekly meals together and tailgating during the football season at Madison. Stephanie said their parents have lived for any excuse to travel to Madison.3 commencements for UW-Madison triplets
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say