ARGYLE, Wis. - Three children are dead after a house fire in Argyle early Friday morning, according to the Argyle Police Department.
The children's mother, Sharon Wand, is in critical condition at University of Wisconsin Hospital in Madison, according to hospital officials.
The children are Allen Wand, 7, Jeffery Wand, 5, and Joseph Wand, 3.
Two others were treated at a hospital and released.
Multiple agencies were called to the home at 402 Oak Street in Argyle at 3:10 a.m.
A neighbor told WISC-TV 3 he saw a lot of fire coming out the building and he could hear a woman screaming "they're trapped, they're trapped." Another witnessed said the fire seemed to be all in the front of the home.
The Argyle Fire Department said Blanchardville fire was called to help put out the blaze at the home, which was fully engulfed when firefighters arrived.
The State Fire Marshall at the Department of Justice was asked to assist in the investigation.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.3 children dead in Argyle house fire
- UW program helps local cheesemaker make Best of Show cheese
- Fires at 2 separate houses cause combined $330K in damage, officials say
- Secrecy of $1M settlement questioned
- Warmer temperatures pose risk to apple farmers, plants
- Fire-gutted Evansville tavern torn down
- Judge allows 2nd girl's statements in Slender Man case