MONTELLO, Wis. - A man and two women were arrested in a heroin investigation that involved 10 different municipalities, according to the Marquette County Sheriff's Office.
According to criminal complaints, Corey B. Jerome, 35, of Westfield, met with an undercover officer on May 14 at a restaurant in Westfield where the officer bought heroin from Jerome. Jerome was arrested on suspicion of delivery of heroin.
Jerome's sister, Christel R. Jerome, 36, of Wisconsin Rapids, was arrested on suspicion of party to a crime of delivery of heroin. Police said she arranged the undercover officer's meeting with her brother.
The complaints state that they used GPS tracking on Christel Jerome's vehicle to determine that she was in the Chicago area on June 2. They stopped her vehicle the early morning hours of June 3 when it returned to the Westfield area. The complaint states Claudine S. Maltais, 40, of Lyndon Station, was a passenger in the vehicle. Jerome told police Maltais knew they were in Chicago to buy heroin and had used some on their return trip.
Maltais was arrested on suspicion of party to the crime of possession with intent to deliver heroin.
- Secrecy of $1M settlement questioned
- Warmer temperatures pose risk to apple farmers, plants
- Fire-gutted Evansville tavern torn down
- Judge allows 2nd girl's statements in Slender Man case
- Man crashes into fence, faces 4th OWI, officials say
- Officials unable to confirm connection between Beaver Dam disturbances, Madison shooting