MONTELLO, Wis. - A man and two women were arrested in a heroin investigation that involved 10 different municipalities, according to the Marquette County Sheriff's Office.
According to criminal complaints, Corey B. Jerome, 35, of Westfield, met with an undercover officer on May 14 at a restaurant in Westfield where the officer bought heroin from Jerome. Jerome was arrested on suspicion of delivery of heroin.
Jerome's sister, Christel R. Jerome, 36, of Wisconsin Rapids, was arrested on suspicion of party to a crime of delivery of heroin. Police said she arranged the undercover officer's meeting with her brother.
The complaints state that they used GPS tracking on Christel Jerome's vehicle to determine that she was in the Chicago area on June 2. They stopped her vehicle the early morning hours of June 3 when it returned to the Westfield area. The complaint states Claudine S. Maltais, 40, of Lyndon Station, was a passenger in the vehicle. Jerome told police Maltais knew they were in Chicago to buy heroin and had used some on their return trip.
Maltais was arrested on suspicion of party to the crime of possession with intent to deliver heroin.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire