JANESVILLE, Wis. - Three people were arrested on charges of robbing the EZ Payday Cash Store in Janesville on Monday afternoon, according to a release.
Police responded to a robbery at 1603 Milton Ave. around 2:15 p.m. for a report of a male wearing a mask, black hooded sweatshirt and black jeans that just robbed the business, officials said.
The employee said the robber, Damario J. Graham, 22, of Janesville, did not display a weapon but he kept a hand inside a black duffle bag and demanded all the money from the cash register, according to the release. The employee emptied the register and gave it to Graham.
Graham fled the business on foot and run to a silver Dodge Stratus parked in the Taco Bell lot at Milton Avenue and Blackridge Road, police said. He got into the vehicle and left the area with two females.
Police said an officer found a vehicle matching the description given by the employee, initiated a traffic stop and arrested Graham, Raeanne M. Schiefelbein, 17, of Monroe, and Marisela Santana, 18, of Janesville.
Evidence located inside the vehicle linked the car and occupants to the robbery, according to the release. Police interviewed Graham, who admitted to committing the robbery.
Graham was arrested on charges of armed robbery, and Santana and Schiefelbein were arrested on charges of being party to an armed robbery.
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say
- Local musician, drum instructor charged with possession of child porn
- WIAA board approves concussion insurance for student athletes
- Complaint: 14-year-old's father finds sexual assault suspect in closet