MADISON, Wis. - Three Madison-area hospitals were named among the best in the nation at providing consistent, outstanding patient care while maintaining a high standard of clinical excellence, according to a release from SSM Health Care.
St. Clare Hospital, in Baraboo, St. Mary's Hospital, in Madison; and St. Mary's Hospital, in Janesville; received their awards from Premier at the organization's annual Breakthrough Conference and Exhibition in San Antonio Wednesday, officials said.
"SSM works tirelessly to ensure we're providing the highest quality health care to the communities we serve," said Damond Boatwright, regional president and CEO of Hospital Operations at SSM Health Care of Wisconsin. "This recognition is a testament to that commitment."
St. Clare Hospital is one of 18 hospitals to win the award for High Value Healthcare, officials said. The hospital was a top performer in all six areas measured in Premier's national collaborative.
The two St. Mary's hospitals received a citation of merit award for High Value Healthcare, according to the release. St. Clare, St. Mary's and St. Mary's Janesville join nine other top-performing SSM Health Care hospitals from other states.
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement