MADISON, Wis. - Three Madison 15-year-olds were injured in a crash Friday night on the far west side, officials said.
The crash happened around 11:10 p.m. at the intersection of Muir Field and Carnwood roads, according to a release. The driver told police he was speeding when he failed to negotiate a curve.
All three teens suffered non-life-threatening injuries, officials said. The car damaged a mailbox and some fencing before hitting a tree.
Two teens initially fled the scene, but the driver returned after talking with a parent, according to the release. He was cited for operating without a valid license and imprudent speeding.
- Teenager 'going crazy with a knife' arrested
- PD: Drunk Mt. Horeb man jumps from moving car, runs into side of SUV
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Phone scammer claims to be MPD Chief Mike Koval, officials say
- Icy Dane County road causes nearly 40-car pileup, officials say
- Man, woman caught selling stolen bike on Craigslist, police say