MADISON, Wis. - Three Madison 15-year-olds were injured in a crash Friday night on the far west side, officials said.
The crash happened around 11:10 p.m. at the intersection of Muir Field and Carnwood roads, according to a release. The driver told police he was speeding when he failed to negotiate a curve.
All three teens suffered non-life-threatening injuries, officials said. The car damaged a mailbox and some fencing before hitting a tree.
Two teens initially fled the scene, but the driver returned after talking with a parent, according to the release. He was cited for operating without a valid license and imprudent speeding.
- Girl awarded for homeless birthday program
- Woman jumps from balcony to escape fire
- Video captures man stuffing puppies into drain
- Baldwin, other senators seek assurances from Trump pick for EPA
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison