EAU CLAIRE, Wis. - A second student has died after fire swept an off-campus apartment near the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire.
A spokeswoman for Hennepin County Medical Center in Minneapolis said 21-year-old Jacob Clarkson died Tuesday.
Clarkson's family issued a statement saying they will "miss him more than words can say." Family members said they are honoring Clarkson's decision to be an organ donor.
The Leader-Telegram reported that Clarkston was severely burned in Monday's fire that also killed his roommate, 21-year-old Ross Livermore.
Two other roommates escaped the fire and have been released from a local hospital. All of the roommates were friends from Stillwater, Minn.
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child in Wis. arrested in NY
- Two men charged with armed robbery in Monroe
- Crash involving ambulance closes U.S. Highway 12
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?