WHITEWATER, Wis. - About 250 animals were killed in a fire west of Whitewater early Thursday morning, according to the homeowner.
The owner of the barn told News 3 he went to work at 4 a.m. and got a phone call at 6:30 a.m. telling him that his barn in the W5800 block of Tri County Line Road was on fire.
The owner said the barn contained mostly goats and sheep, but there were also chickens, ducks and peacocks in the barn.
The building was a total loss. The cause of the fire has not been determined but it's not suspicious.
The Whitewater Fire Department said the building was fully involved and on the ground when they arrived.
Fort Atkinson firefighters assisted at the scene.
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say