WHITEWATER, Wis. - About 250 animals were killed in a fire west of Whitewater early Thursday morning, according to the homeowner.
The owner of the barn told News 3 he went to work at 4 a.m. and got a phone call at 6:30 a.m. telling him that his barn in the W5800 block of Tri County Line Road was on fire.
The owner said the barn contained mostly goats and sheep, but there were also chickens, ducks and peacocks in the barn.
The building was a total loss. The cause of the fire has not been determined but it's not suspicious.
The Whitewater Fire Department said the building was fully involved and on the ground when they arrived.
Fort Atkinson firefighters assisted at the scene.
- Man charged in fatal shooting of sheriff's deputy
- PD: Man hit in head, robbed during believed stereo equipment sale
- Wisconsin farmers could be affected by late cabinet pick
- Judge denies motions to dismiss 4 charges against Alec Cook
- MFD: 1 suffers minor injury in rollover crash on John Nolen Drive
- Woman accused of stabbing acquaintance turns herself in to police