WHITEWATER, Wis. - About 250 animals were killed in a fire west of Whitewater early Thursday morning, according to the homeowner.
The owner of the barn told News 3 he went to work at 4 a.m. and got a phone call at 6:30 a.m. telling him that his barn in the W5800 block of Tri County Line Road was on fire.
The owner said the barn contained mostly goats and sheep, but there were also chickens, ducks and peacocks in the barn.
The building was a total loss. The cause of the fire has not been determined but it's not suspicious.
The Whitewater Fire Department said the building was fully involved and on the ground when they arrived.
Fort Atkinson firefighters assisted at the scene.
- Vehicles, building hit by bullets in Fitchburg
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm