WHITEWATER, Wis. - About 250 animals were killed in a fire west of Whitewater early Thursday morning, according to the homeowner.
The owner of the barn told News 3 he went to work at 4 a.m. and got a phone call at 6:30 a.m. telling him that his barn in the W5800 block of Tri County Line Road was on fire.
The owner said the barn contained mostly goats and sheep, but there were also chickens, ducks and peacocks in the barn.
The building was a total loss. The cause of the fire has not been determined but it's not suspicious.
The Whitewater Fire Department said the building was fully involved and on the ground when they arrived.
Fort Atkinson firefighters assisted at the scene.
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs