TOWN OF LYONS, Wis. - A Burlington woman is dead after a single-vehicle crash in Walworth County on Friday, according to a release.
Around 5:30 a.m., Walworth County sheriff's deputies were dispatched to a report of a crash with severe injuries on Cranberry Road near Berndt Road in the town of Lyons, officials said.
Deputies found a severely damaged 2006 Volkswagen Passat in the road, according to the release.
Investigators said Danielle Lee Heath, 24, was driving eastbound on Cranberry Road at a high rate of speed and lost control after cresting a hill.
The vehicle crossed the center line and hit a tree in the westbound ditch, investigators said. The vehicle came to rest in the roadway, where a passerby found it.
Heath was extricated from the vehicle and pronounced dead at the scene, according to the release. She was the only occupant of the vehicle.Cranberry Road near Berndt Road, Walworth County
- Community supports boy fighting for his life
- Neighborhood initiative aims to diminish crime on Madison's east side
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program