TOWN OF LYONS, Wis. - A Burlington woman is dead after a single-vehicle crash in Walworth County on Friday, according to a release.
Around 5:30 a.m., Walworth County sheriff's deputies were dispatched to a report of a crash with severe injuries on Cranberry Road near Berndt Road in the town of Lyons, officials said.
Deputies found a severely damaged 2006 Volkswagen Passat in the road, according to the release.
Investigators said Danielle Lee Heath, 24, was driving eastbound on Cranberry Road at a high rate of speed and lost control after cresting a hill.
The vehicle crossed the center line and hit a tree in the westbound ditch, investigators said. The vehicle came to rest in the roadway, where a passerby found it.
Heath was extricated from the vehicle and pronounced dead at the scene, according to the release. She was the only occupant of the vehicle.Cranberry Road near Berndt Road, Walworth County
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral
- Ryan meets in Janesville with police chiefs from across US