TOWN OF MIFFLIN, Wis. - A Linden man was transported with severe injuries in a single-vehicle crash on Highway A near Sand Hill Road Saturday night, according to a release.
Iowa County sheriff's deputies responded to the crash around 5:40 p.m. in the town of Mifflin west of Mineral Point, officials said.
Trevor Trace, 22, was traveling eastbound on Highway A at a high rate of speed, lost control and hit a guardrail, investigators said. Trace was ejected from the car and was transported to Upland Hills Health in Dodgeville. He was later transported by helicopter to UW Hospital.
Speed and alcohol were contributing factors in the crash, according to the release. Trace was not wearing his seat belt.Highway A at Sand Hill Road, town of Mifflin
- Assembly Republicans plan to add $300 million for roads
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy