TOWN OF MONTICELLO, Wis. - Officials said a 22-year-old was charged with drunken driving Sunday night after he struck a power pole with his vehicle in the town of Monticello.
The Lafayette County Sheriff's Department said William P. Blair of Apple River, Illinois, was driving east on County Highway W at about 9:22 p.m. when he lost control and traveled across the roadway into the ditch. He then struck a power pole.
According to the report, Shullsburg EMS treated Blair at the scene for non-life-threatening injuries but he refused medical transport. The 1999 Pontiac Blair was driving sustained extensive damage and was towed from the scene.
The sheriff's department said traffic on County Highway W had to be rerouted around the accident scene due to the unstable utility poles and power lines.
Blair was arrested on suspicion of operating while intoxicated and failure to control a vehicle.
- Community supports boy fighting for his life
- Neighborhood initiative aims to diminish crime on Madison's east side
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program