MADISON, Wis. - A Dane County man was charged Monday with homicide by intoxicated use of a vehicle in an alleged drunk driving crash.
Kurt Laufenberg, 22, is accused of killing his 22-year-old passenger, Dylan Lindeman, of Middleton, when his vehicle went off the road and hit a tree several weeks ago in the town of Berry.
Laufenberg posted bail, but must check in with the bail monitoring program, and is ordered to stay home at night.
He's due back in court next month.
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Driver of car going 107 mph suspected of drug use, deputies say
- Car reported missing discovered crashed into condo, police say
- Driver who nearly strikes state patrol car charged with 4th OWI, trooper says
- Man pulls gun during road rage incident, police say