TOWN OF DELTON, Wis. - A 21-year-old man was arrested for allegedly sexually assaulting a teenage girl after they made arrangements to meet on Facebook, according to a release.
Sauk County sheriff's deputies said they were notified of a sexual assault that happened at a home in the town of Delton Friday night around 8:50 p.m.
A 14-year-old had been in contact with William R. Ellison, 21, from Baraboo, on Facebook, and made arrangements to meet, deputies said. During the time they were together, Ellison allegedly had sexual contact with the teenage girl.
Ellison was arrested on charges of second-degree sexual assault of a child, according to the release. If convicted he faces 40 years in prison, a $100,000 fine or both.
- Man on trial for deadly shooting says he was fearful for his life
- Suspected serial thief steals again, police say
- State manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Man scammed out of $4,300 by person claiming to be grandson
- Man stabs girlfriend in neck with scissors, police say
- Fremont woman accused in boyfriend's fatal stabbing is acquitted