MADISON, Wis. - A man convicted for a 2012 shooting on University Avenue was arrested by Madison police again Sunday morning, officials said.
Darrion D. Brown, 22, of Madison, was stopped by police while driving a stolen car in the 4800 block of Hayes Road around 11 a.m., according to a release. He took off running but was caught by police.
Brown had a loaded .347 Magnum under the car's seat, police said. He also had heroin, marijuana and a large amount of cash in his pockets.
There was a warrant out for Brown's arrest after he failed to appear for a sentencing hearing in September for the University Avenue case, according to the release.
He was arrested on charges of possession of a firearm by a felon, operating a motor vehicle without the owner's consent, possession with intent to deliver heroin, possession of THC, obstructing, resisting and felony bail jumping.
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral
- Ryan meets in Janesville with police chiefs from across US
- Review: MSO, APT craft annual 'Beyond the Score' concert
- Pickup truck, car fall through ice on 2 Dodge County lakes
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion