MADISON, Wis. - A man convicted for a 2012 shooting on University Avenue was arrested by Madison police again Sunday morning, officials said.
Darrion D. Brown, 22, of Madison, was stopped by police while driving a stolen car in the 4800 block of Hayes Road around 11 a.m., according to a release. He took off running but was caught by police.
Brown had a loaded .347 Magnum under the car's seat, police said. He also had heroin, marijuana and a large amount of cash in his pockets.
There was a warrant out for Brown's arrest after he failed to appear for a sentencing hearing in September for the University Avenue case, according to the release.
He was arrested on charges of possession of a firearm by a felon, operating a motor vehicle without the owner's consent, possession with intent to deliver heroin, possession of THC, obstructing, resisting and felony bail jumping.
- GOP Legislature calls redistricting ruling 'dangerous'
- Crazylegs run/walk to close many downtown streets Saturday
- Dane County to acquire 130 acres along Yahara River
- 4 juveniles suspected of damaging maliboxes in rural Portage, Pardeeville areas
- 2 on moped injured in downtown Madison crash, officials say
- Baldwin encourages U.S. Dept. of Ag secretary to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers