JANESVILLE, Wis. - A Janesville man was arrested Monday for allegedly sexually assaulting a 13-year-old girl, according to a report.
A 13-year-old told police she met 20-year-old Nicholas Ackerman in a chat room online, officials said. She said they chatted for a couple weeks online and then she agreed to meet Ackerman in the 1900 block of Center Avenue.
The girl told police she got into Ackerman's car and they drove to the 800 block of South Washington Street, according to the release. Once they got there, she told police Ackerman sexually assaulted her.
Ackerman faces tentative charges of sexual assault of a child, child enticement, possession of THC, possession of drug paraphernalia and on a probation violation.
- Evers has $117,000 in bank for superintendent run
- Police: Teens try to open Madison girl's car door, flash gun at her
- Sonar scans help divers target Lake Erie plane crash search
- Suspected drunken driver hits car in oncoming lane, police say
- Teens say armed man asked them to get in car, police say
- Couple heard window being opened, scared off a would-be burglar, PD says