JANESVILLE, Wis. - A Janesville man was arrested Monday for allegedly sexually assaulting a 13-year-old girl, according to a report.
A 13-year-old told police she met 20-year-old Nicholas Ackerman in a chat room online, officials said. She said they chatted for a couple weeks online and then she agreed to meet Ackerman in the 1900 block of Center Avenue.
The girl told police she got into Ackerman's car and they drove to the 800 block of South Washington Street, according to the release. Once they got there, she told police Ackerman sexually assaulted her.
Ackerman faces tentative charges of sexual assault of a child, child enticement, possession of THC, possession of drug paraphernalia and on a probation violation.
- Pedestrian killed in Walworth County crash
- Thousands participate in Madison March for Science
- Friends, family send off 85 National Guard members
- Body pulled out of Kinnickinnic River in Milwaukee
- Signs go up in Racine marking Frank Lloyd Wright Trail
- DNR: Alcohol may be involved in Lake Wisconsin boat crash