MILWAUKEE - A Milwaukee County prosecutor is recommending two years in prison for a former aide to Scott Walker before Walker was elected governor.
A sentencing memo filed in Milwaukee County Circuit Court by Assistant District Attorney Bruce Landgraf states Tim Russell used his relationship with Walker to access money intended to benefit military veterans and their families, then spent it on tropical vacations.
The State Journal reported Landgraf stated Russell's crime reflects "moral depravity."
The 49-year-old Russell was a top aide to Walker when the governor was Milwaukee County executive. Russell has been convicted to stealing more than $20,000.
A sentencing hearing is scheduled Tuesday in Milwaukee County.
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes