MILWAUKEE - A Milwaukee County prosecutor is recommending two years in prison for a former aide to Scott Walker before Walker was elected governor.
A sentencing memo filed in Milwaukee County Circuit Court by Assistant District Attorney Bruce Landgraf states Tim Russell used his relationship with Walker to access money intended to benefit military veterans and their families, then spent it on tropical vacations.
The State Journal reported Landgraf stated Russell's crime reflects "moral depravity."
The 49-year-old Russell was a top aide to Walker when the governor was Milwaukee County executive. Russell has been convicted to stealing more than $20,000.
A sentencing hearing is scheduled Tuesday in Milwaukee County.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land