MILWAUKEE - A Milwaukee County prosecutor is recommending two years in prison for a former aide to Scott Walker before Walker was elected governor.
A sentencing memo filed in Milwaukee County Circuit Court by Assistant District Attorney Bruce Landgraf states Tim Russell used his relationship with Walker to access money intended to benefit military veterans and their families, then spent it on tropical vacations.
The State Journal reported Landgraf stated Russell's crime reflects "moral depravity."
The 49-year-old Russell was a top aide to Walker when the governor was Milwaukee County executive. Russell has been convicted to stealing more than $20,000.
A sentencing hearing is scheduled Tuesday in Milwaukee County.
- Two people shot at while in a car on Madison's east side
- Dick's Sporting Goods windows smashed, teen arrested
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'