IXONIA, Wis. - A 2-year-old was transported by helicopter after falling out of a second-floor window Friday in Jefferson County, deputies said.
Around 6:15 p.m. Jefferson County sheriff's deputies responded to a report that a 2-year-old girl fell from a second-story window at an apartment complex in the W1000 block of Marietta Avenue in the town of Ixonia, according to a release.
The 2-year-old had been playing in a second-floor bedroom while her dad was cooking supper, officials said. The child climbed onto a small ledge that allowed her to look out the screen window at her siblings playing in the driveway. When she pushed on the screened window it gave way and the 2-year-old fell approximately 21 feet and landed on the concrete driveway.
Ixonia EMS, the Ixonia Fire Department and Flight for Life were dispatched to the scene, and the 2-year-old was taken to the Children's Hospital in Milwaukee with non-life-threatening injuries, according to the release.
The incident is still under investigation.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land