TOWN OF WASHINGTON, Wis. - Authorities said a 2-year-old drowned Saturday afternoon in Sauk County.
The Sauk County Sheriff's said first responders were sent to an Amish family's farm on Highway 154 at about 3:10 p.m. for a report of a possible drowning.
According to the report, the boy was playing outside when his mother briefly lost sight of him. She found him a short time later floating face down in a water tank. Resuscitation efforts were not successful.
The Sauk County Coroner pronounced the toddler dead at the scene.
The farm is across from the Valley View Discount Grocery Store, witnesses told News 3.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK