MADISON, Wis. - Two women were the victims of what police are calling a "strange" attack outside a Madison grocery store.
The women, both 24, were about to walk into Woodman's at 3817 Milwaukee Street Saturday night when a man tossed a grocery bag containing a gallon of milk at them, according to police. The jug burst when it struck one of the women's legs.
Police said the man then hit each victim once in the face, sending each of them to the pavement.
A witness said that after the attack the man was laughing as he fled west on Milwaukee Street.
The attacker is described as black, in his late 20s to early 30s, 6 feet tall with a thin but muscular build and very short hair. He was wearing a light-colored T-shirt and jeans.
- Baldwin encourages U.S. Dept. of Agriculture secretary to Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in state
- Food delivery drivers targeted in Madison robberies, police say
- Fire marshal called to 2 fires in Jefferson County
- Witness: Man points gun at kids playing basketball
- License plate left behind at hit-and-run scene IDs driver, police say