NEW GLARUS, Wis. - Authorities in southern Wisconsin have identified the two men killed in a head-on collision earlier this week.
The Green County sheriff's department said Friday the men who died were 23-year-old David L. Bridgeland of Monroe and 32-year-old Joshua A. Langkamp of Dodgeville.
The two were killed Thursday about 2:10 p.m. in the Town of New Glarus. They were the lone occupants in each vehicle, and both were wearing seatbelts. They were pronounced dead at the scene.
Witnesses told authorities Bridgeland's vehicle had been swerving over the center line prior to the crash.
Autopsies and toxicology tests were scheduled for Friday morning to determine whether drugs, alcohol or medical issues were factors in the collision.
- Lawmaker wants Milwaukee County sheriff removed
- State Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- 3 adults, 1 child fall through ice on Sauk County lake
- Woman's purse taken while downtown; man arrested
- Woman suffers broken nose from fruit thrown from balcony
- Glass packaging flaw prompts beer recall