SPRING GROVE TOWNSHIP, Wis. - A man died and four others were sent to the hospital after a two-vehicle crash Saturday night south of Brodhead, according to a release.
Officials responded to reports of the crash around 10:09 p.m. in the 300 block of South Highway 81, according to the release.
A Chevy TrailBlazer traveling eastbound crossed the centerline and crashed with a westbound Dodge Caravan, according to the release.
Officials said the driver of the Dodge, Antone C. Grawehr Jr., 81, of Browntown, died in the crash. The other passenger in the Dodge was transported for non-life-threatening injuries.
The driver of the Chevy, Maquita Q.C. Stokes, 30, from Rockford, Ill., was transported by helicopter to Rockford and later arrested on charges of operating while under the influence of an intoxicant, according to the release. The two other passengers in the Chevy were transported with non-life-threatening injuries.
Officials believe alcohol and operating left of the centerline were factors in the crash.
- Stoughton man critical after rollover crash
- 30 missing after avalanche buries Italian hotel
- One injured after stabbing in Madison
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Missing Marathon County man found safe
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'