SLINGER, Wis. - Slinger residents were evacuated following a train derailment. WTMJ reported that witnesses saw two trains collided.
The evacuations are precautionary. One or more of the trains was hauling cars containing diesel fuel or propane. At least one person was taken away in an ambulance.
WTMJ reported State Railroad Commissioner Jeff Plale confirmed the collision, but circumstances that led to the derailment are still unknown.
It is also still unknown whether the fuel leak is coming from one of the train engines or freight cars.
- State manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Man scammed out of $4,300 by person claiming to be grandson
- Man stabs girlfriend in neck with scissors, police say
- Fremont woman accused in boyfriend's fatal stabbing is acquitted
- East Towne Mall employee attacked, robbed
- Woman arrested, suspected of abducting her kids