SLINGER, Wis. - Slinger residents were evacuated following a train derailment. WTMJ reported that witnesses saw two trains collided.
The evacuations are precautionary. One or more of the trains was hauling cars containing diesel fuel or propane. At least one person was taken away in an ambulance.
WTMJ reported State Railroad Commissioner Jeff Plale confirmed the collision, but circumstances that led to the derailment are still unknown.
It is also still unknown whether the fuel leak is coming from one of the train engines or freight cars.
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart