MADISON, Wis. - Two people were injured and a Mukwonago man arrested after a suspected drunken driving crash on Highway 12/18 Sunday night, according to a release from Madison police.
Police said Lawrence A. Hana, 44, was driving south on Millpond Road at about 8 p.m. when he pulled his SUV into the path of a car traveling east on the highway. The collision caused the car to hit a pickup stopped on the other side of Millpond Road as its driver was waiting for traffic to clear so he could drive west on the highway.
A 41-year-old woman who was a front seat passenger in the car was taken to the hospital with internal injuries that are not thought to be life-threatening. The woman's husband and two sons were not seriously injured, nor were the two people in the pickup.
A 33-year-old Jefferson woman who was riding with Hana was taken to a hospital and treated for minor injuries.
Hana was arrested on suspicion of injury by the intoxicated use of a motor vehicle and cited on suspicion of failure to yield at a stop sign.Madison crime map
- Complaint: 14-year-old's father finds sexual assault suspect in closet
- Attempt to drill into SUV gas tank ignites fuel, MFD says
- New Glarus man stopped for expired vehicle registration faces 6th OWI
- Man robbed at gunpoint in parking lot, police say
- Bicyclist injured in collision with Buick, fire officials say
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing