MADISON, Wis. - Two people were injured and a Mukwonago man arrested after a suspected drunken driving crash on Highway 12/18 Sunday night, according to a release from Madison police.
Police said Lawrence A. Hana, 44, was driving south on Millpond Road at about 8 p.m. when he pulled his SUV into the path of a car traveling east on the highway. The collision caused the car to hit a pickup stopped on the other side of Millpond Road as its driver was waiting for traffic to clear so he could drive west on the highway.
A 41-year-old woman who was a front seat passenger in the car was taken to the hospital with internal injuries that are not thought to be life-threatening. The woman's husband and two sons were not seriously injured, nor were the two people in the pickup.
A 33-year-old Jefferson woman who was riding with Hana was taken to a hospital and treated for minor injuries.
Hana was arrested on suspicion of injury by the intoxicated use of a motor vehicle and cited on suspicion of failure to yield at a stop sign.Madison crime map
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral