TOWN OF MONTICELLO, Wis. - Two Shullsburg men were arrested Sunday for allegedly disposing of methamphetamine waste in rural Shullsburg, according to a release.
Sheriff's detective received reports of suspicious activity in the area of East Charles Mound Road and Wisconsin Lake in the town of Monticello around 5:10 p.m., officials said.
Detectives investigating the reported activities found a fire that had been started in a ditch along the road, according to the release.
Troy S. Glasgow, 32, and Gregg A. Marcotte, 34, were arrested on criminal charges for the disposal of methamphetamine waste, officials said. They are currently being held in the Lafayette County Jail while they wait for their initial court appearance.
Officials said the arrests would not have been possible without the observations and cooperation of attentive citizens who report suspicious activities in their neighborhood.
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- Funding is available to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say
- GOP Legislature calls redistricting ruling 'dangerous'
- Crazylegs run/walk to close many downtown streets Saturday
- Dane County to acquire 130 acres along Yahara River