MADISON, Wis. - Madison police say two people were shot and taken to area hospitals following a disturbance late Wednesday night on the east side.
A fight involved 7 to 9 people on the city's east side late Wednesday night led to two people being taken to area hospitals with gunshot wounds, according to a release from Madison police.
The incident happened in the 3000 block of Worthington Avenue around 11:30 p.m. Wednesday.
According to police, officers were sent to the location for a report of a physical fight in progress before the shots were fired.
When they arrived, officers found two people with gunshot wounds. A 20-year-old man was struck in the arm and an 18-year-old woman suffered a graze to the head. Both were treated at hospitals.
Police are looking for a man described as black, 20 years old, 6 feet tall and heavy set.
Police said the shooting was a targeted act of violence. Anyone with information is asked to call Madison Area Crime Stoppers at 266-6014.Madison crime map
- Suspected serial thief steals again, police say
- State manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Man scammed out of $4,300 by person claiming to be grandson
- Man stabs girlfriend in neck with scissors, police say
- Fremont woman accused in boyfriend's fatal stabbing is acquitted
- East Towne Mall employee attacked, robbed