MADISON, Wis. - Madison police say two people were shot and taken to area hospitals following a disturbance late Wednesday night on the east side.
A fight involved 7 to 9 people on the city's east side late Wednesday night led to two people being taken to area hospitals with gunshot wounds, according to a release from Madison police.
The incident happened in the 3000 block of Worthington Avenue around 11:30 p.m. Wednesday.
According to police, officers were sent to the location for a report of a physical fight in progress before the shots were fired.
When they arrived, officers found two people with gunshot wounds. A 20-year-old man was struck in the arm and an 18-year-old woman suffered a graze to the head. Both were treated at hospitals.
Police are looking for a man described as black, 20 years old, 6 feet tall and heavy set.
Police said the shooting was a targeted act of violence. Anyone with information is asked to call Madison Area Crime Stoppers at 266-6014.Madison crime map
- Incumbent Evers advances easily in schools race
- Consumer Reports: Genetic testing your health
- Janesville horse rescue center helps save part of historic wild mustang herd
- Teacher and student kidney transplant set for Wednesday
- Listeria may pose greater risk of early miscarriage, UW researchers say
- Smoking materials cause car fire in downtown Madison, fire officials say