MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said two people were hospitalized with life-threatening injuries following a shooting on the city's southwest side late Thursday night.
The incident happened in the 2300 block of Allied Drive about 10:30 p.m. Thursday.
Police said officers on a routine call in the area heard the gunshots less than a block away and saw people running from the scene.
The officers found the two victims with multiple gunshot wounds and provided medical aid while other officers investigated the shooting.
Police said it appears the victims were targeted.
Anyone with information is asked to call Madison Area Crime Stoppers at 608-266-6014.
- State DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Sun Prairie looks to revamp main corridor
- Zoo euthanizes polar bear that used to be in Madison
- Driver involved in crash suspected of heroin use
- Two people shot at while in car on Madison's east side
- Dick's Sporting Goods windows smashed, teen arrested