MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said two people were hospitalized with life-threatening injuries following a shooting on the city's southwest side late Thursday night.
The incident happened in the 2300 block of Allied Drive about 10:30 p.m. Thursday.
Police said officers on a routine call in the area heard the gunshots less than a block away and saw people running from the scene.
The officers found the two victims with multiple gunshot wounds and provided medical aid while other officers investigated the shooting.
Police said it appears the victims were targeted.
Anyone with information is asked to call Madison Area Crime Stoppers at 608-266-6014.
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets