MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said two people were hospitalized with life-threatening injuries following a shooting on the city's southwest side late Thursday night.
The incident happened in the 2300 block of Allied Drive about 10:30 p.m. Thursday.
Police said officers on a routine call in the area heard the gunshots less than a block away and saw people running from the scene.
The officers found the two victims with multiple gunshot wounds and provided medical aid while other officers investigated the shooting.
Police said it appears the victims were targeted.
Anyone with information is asked to call Madison Area Crime Stoppers at 608-266-6014.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls