MILWAUKEE - A researcher accused of stealing a possible cancer-fighting compound from the Medical College of Wisconsin has been indicted on two new counts.
Online court records say 42-year-old Hua Jun Zhao was indicted Tuesday on charges of computer fraud and lying to a federal agent. He was already charged in federal court with economic espionage.
Zhao is accused of stealing three vials of the compound along with academic research he allegedly planned to pass off as his own in China. Prosecutors say he also tried to delete research information from the school's servers.
His preliminary hearing is set for Thursday afternoon at the federal court in Milwaukee.
- Mars investigating Skittles said to be intended for cattle
- Judge denies motions to dismiss 4 charges against Alec Cook
- Man sentenced in heroin overdose death
- Man charged in fatal shooting of sheriff's deputy
- PD: Man hit in head, robbed during believed stereo equipment sale
- Wisconsin farmers could be affected by late cabinet pick