MILWAUKEE - A researcher accused of stealing a possible cancer-fighting compound from the Medical College of Wisconsin has been indicted on two new counts.
Online court records say 42-year-old Hua Jun Zhao was indicted Tuesday on charges of computer fraud and lying to a federal agent. He was already charged in federal court with economic espionage.
Zhao is accused of stealing three vials of the compound along with academic research he allegedly planned to pass off as his own in China. Prosecutors say he also tried to delete research information from the school's servers.
His preliminary hearing is set for Thursday afternoon at the federal court in Milwaukee.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry