TOWN OF OREGON, Wis. - Three people were taken to the hospital Thursday with non-life-threatening injuries Thursday following a high speed pursuit involving two motorcycles going more than 100 mph, according to the Wisconsin State Patrol.
The incident happened on County Highway CC near the intersection of Judd Road and Crestwood Drive near Belleville around 7 p.m. Thursday.
According to the State Patrol, a trooper attempted to stop the motorcycles on CC, but both motorcycles failed to yield to the trooper's emergency lights and sirens. Shortly afterward, the two motorcycles crashed into each other, according to the State Patrol.
The 20-year-old driver of the first motorcycle was taken by ambulance to UW Hospital in Madison, while his 19-year-old passenger was taken via Med Flight to the hospital.
The 18-year-old driver of the second motorcycle fled into the woods, but later sought medical attention at St. Mary's Hospital.
Charges are pending on both drivers, according to the State Patrol.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns