MADISON, Wis. - Two Dane County inmates were released for appointments Monday, did not return on time, and were eventually taken back into custody, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
Jermaine E. Peeples, 18, of Madison, left the Ferris Center on Rimrock Road at 8:10 a.m. on Monday for an appointment at the courthouse, and was due to return at 10 a.m.
Peeples was taken back into custody by Madison police on Tuesday at 10:30 p.m.
He was convicted of theft of a vehicle and bail jumping.
Jonathan Thompson, 27, of Madison, left the Ferris Center around 10 a.m. for a medical appointment, and was due back to the center by 1:30 p.m.
Thompson did not arrive at his appointment and did not returned to the center on time. according to a release.
Officials said Thompson was taken back into custody around 5 p.m. Monday.
He is serving a sentence for contempt of court and was scheduled to be released in three days, officials said.
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs