JANESVILLE, Wis. - Two men were arrested for stealing a wallet out of a driver's hand at a downtown Janesville intersection early Thursday morning, police said.
Police responded to a report of a robbery around 12:40 a.m. at the intersection of McKinley and South Academy streets, according to a release.
The victims said they were meeting three men at the intersection to purchase drugs when one of the men reached into their vehicle and took a wallet from the driver's hand, officials said.
Two of the men were former classmates of one of the victims who was able to identify them, according to the release. The three men were later found inside the 5 Points Mobile gas station.
The three men ran away as an officer approached them, police said. Devonte D. Poe, 20, and Taiwan R. Edward, 18, both of Janesville, were caught near the intersection of Madison Street and Laurel Avenue.
Poe and Edward were arrested on charges of being party to a crime of robbery, authorities said.
The victim's wallet was recovered nearby, according to the release. The third suspect has not been located or identified.
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program
- East side Walgreens robbed at gunpoint Sunday
- New emergency equipment aids obese patients in Wisconsin