JANESVILLE, Wis. - Two men have been arrested in connection to a purse theft from Riley's Sports Bar and Grill in Janesville, according to a release.
Officials said two men entered Riley's Sports Bar and Grill at 209 W. Milwaukee St. Tuesday night around 10 p.m. and stole a purse off of a table.
Later, someone used a credit card from the purse at an ATM, according to the release.
Police interviewed witnesses and reviewed video from the incident, which led to the arrests of Cory C. Scheidegger, 31, of Janesville, and Craig W. Champion, 25, of Beloit.
According to the release, both Scheidegger and Champion confessed to being involved in the purse theft. They are both being charged with theft from an elder person.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK