JANESVILLE, Wis. - Two men have been arrested in connection to a purse theft from Riley's Sports Bar and Grill in Janesville, according to a release.
Officials said two men entered Riley's Sports Bar and Grill at 209 W. Milwaukee St. Tuesday night around 10 p.m. and stole a purse off of a table.
Later, someone used a credit card from the purse at an ATM, according to the release.
Police interviewed witnesses and reviewed video from the incident, which led to the arrests of Cory C. Scheidegger, 31, of Janesville, and Craig W. Champion, 25, of Beloit.
According to the release, both Scheidegger and Champion confessed to being involved in the purse theft. They are both being charged with theft from an elder person.
- UWM instructor hopes students can find solution to lead problem
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash
- Assembly Republicans plan to add $300 million for roads
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration