JANESVILLE, Wis. - Two men are accused of dealing heroin in Janesville Saturday night, police said.
The Janesville Police Department street crimes unit was conducting a drug investigation Saturday at 7:55 p.m. and arrested Kevin Payne, 30, during a traffic stop on the 2500 block of Center Avenue. He is charged with five counts of felony delivering heroin and five counts of maintaining a drug trafficking vehicle, also felonies.
According to police, 11.5 grams of heroin and cash were seized.
There were two other occupants in the vehicle, a man and one juvenile. The juvenile was turned over to a family member. The man, Kenneth Golden II, was arrested on a charge of party to the crime of heroin delivery. He was taken to the Rock County Jail and held.
Payne was taken to the Rock County Jail where he was held.
Payne and Golden are from Beloit.
- Madison police recommend charges in fatal Highway 30 crash
- Deputies: Dane County inmate goes AWOL
- Accidental Goodwill donation makes its way back to owner
- Crews sent to 3-car crash on East Washington Avenue
- Car accident on eastbound beltline backs up traffic
- Newly renovated Milton Public Library reopens