JANESVILLE, Wis. - Two men are accused of dealing heroin in Janesville Saturday night, police said.
The Janesville Police Department street crimes unit was conducting a drug investigation Saturday at 7:55 p.m. and arrested Kevin Payne, 30, during a traffic stop on the 2500 block of Center Avenue. He is charged with five counts of felony delivering heroin and five counts of maintaining a drug trafficking vehicle, also felonies.
According to police, 11.5 grams of heroin and cash were seized.
There were two other occupants in the vehicle, a man and one juvenile. The juvenile was turned over to a family member. The man, Kenneth Golden II, was arrested on a charge of party to the crime of heroin delivery. He was taken to the Rock County Jail and held.
Payne was taken to the Rock County Jail where he was held.
Payne and Golden are from Beloit.
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend
- Madison police have video of road rage incident involving a car and bike
- Robbery suspect arrested after stealing purse containing $1