TOWN OF HERMAN, Wis. - Sheboygan County authorities said two cars have collided in the Town of Herman, killing two people.
The sheriff's office said the collision occurred Sunday about 4 p.m. Both people who died were in one vehicle.
The sheriff's office said Monday the victims were 71-year-old Margaret Lange of Sheboygan and 52-year-old Barbara Killey of Waukesha.
Sheriff's Lt. John Detienne said details are still being sorted out. But he said a car with a single occupant appears to have crossed the center line and collided with the other vehicle containing the two victims.
The single occupant wasn't injured.
Detienne said it's not immediately clear whether speed or alcohol was a factor.
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend