Two women were killed in a crash involving a car and a dump truck Tuesday morning in Columbia County.
Columbia County Sheriff's Office received a report of a two-vehicle crash on county Highway EE at county Highway E and Military Road about 11 a.m. The intersection is located approximately five miles northeast of the Village of Pardeeville.
Sheriff's officials said a preliminary investigation indicates that a passenger car was traveling south on county Highway EE.
The car stopped at the stop sign and then proceeded into the intersection into the path of a dump truck that was traveling west on county Highway E, according to a Columbia County Sheriff's Office news release.
The impact of the crash forced the car into the ditch, with the dump truck tipping over onto its side.
Two women in the car were pronounced dead at the scene by the Columbia County medical examiner. The names of the deceased are being withheld pending notification of their families.
The driver of the dump truck, a 47-year-old man from rural Poynette, was transported to Divine Savior Healthcare with non-life-threatening injuries.
The crash remains under investigation by the Sheriff's Office with assistance of the Wisconsin State Patrol.
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land
- Victims chase suspected burglars with shovel
- Wisconsin school advocates pushing for more money
- Research indicates correct breast examination techniques are widely misunderstood