WAUTOMA, Wis. - Authorities in central Wisconsin said two prison inmates who walked away while on work release are still on the loose.
A WBAY-TV report said deputies are looking for 22-year-old Michael Watford of Wautoma and 21-year-old Timothy Lee Doud of Redgranite.
Waushara County deputies said Watford, Doud and two other men were released from jail Thursday so they could go to work. Their employer told them they weren't needed and should go back to jail, but they didn't.
One inmate returned four hours later and a second was arrested nearby.
Watford and Doud were still missing Saturday.
Authorities said they were both arrested for nonviolent crimes but should be considered dangerous under these circumstances.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say