WAUTOMA, Wis. - Authorities in central Wisconsin said two prison inmates who walked away while on work release are still on the loose.
A WBAY-TV report said deputies are looking for 22-year-old Michael Watford of Wautoma and 21-year-old Timothy Lee Doud of Redgranite.
Waushara County deputies said Watford, Doud and two other men were released from jail Thursday so they could go to work. Their employer told them they weren't needed and should go back to jail, but they didn't.
One inmate returned four hours later and a second was arrested nearby.
Watford and Doud were still missing Saturday.
Authorities said they were both arrested for nonviolent crimes but should be considered dangerous under these circumstances.
- Police find 20 bullet casings in far east side park
- Detectives seek help identifying burglar in surveillance pics
- Bill would limit influence of unions on public project bids
- Dane County inmate who was AWOL 10 days back in custody
- Lawmaker wants Milwaukee County sheriff removed
- State Democrats defend abortion access with resolution