JUNEAU, Wis. - Officials said two people were injured Friday evening in a crash on Highway 73 near Hyland Road in the Town of Westford.
The Dodge County Sheriff's Department said an SUV going north on Highway 73 spun off the roadway and overturned at about 11:15 p.m. A short time later, a car driven by Timothy Rentmeester, 55, of Randolph, slid off the road and hit the overturned SUV.
The driver and passenger in the overturned SUV were injured. SUV passenger Nicole Schlavensky, 23, of Fox Lake, and driver Richard Sadoski, 54, of Randolph, were flown by helicopter to UW Hospital.
Rentmeester and his passenger, wife Margaret, 53, were not injured.
A Dodge County Sheriff spokesman, Officer Lee Schneider, said vehicle speed and alcohol are believed to be factors in the initial accident involving Sadoski but there "is no indication of any wrongdoing on the part of ... Rentmeester."
The condition of the man and woman injured was unknown as of 1 p.m. Saturday.
- Police arrest suspected heroin dealers, seize 3 guns, $28K cash
- Russian officials: We're not counting on Trump to lift sanctions
- Pocan compliments Trump before skipping inauguration
- UW-Madison athletics employee fired
- 20-year-old UW-Whitewater student dies of brain injury
- Republican lawmakers differ on state superintendent race