JUNEAU, Wis. - Officials said two people were injured Friday evening in a crash on Highway 73 near Hyland Road in the Town of Westford.
The Dodge County Sheriff's Department said an SUV going north on Highway 73 spun off the roadway and overturned at about 11:15 p.m. A short time later, a car driven by Timothy Rentmeester, 55, of Randolph, slid off the road and hit the overturned SUV.
The driver and passenger in the overturned SUV were injured. SUV passenger Nicole Schlavensky, 23, of Fox Lake, and driver Richard Sadoski, 54, of Randolph, were flown by helicopter to UW Hospital.
Rentmeester and his passenger, wife Margaret, 53, were not injured.
A Dodge County Sheriff spokesman, Officer Lee Schneider, said vehicle speed and alcohol are believed to be factors in the initial accident involving Sadoski but there "is no indication of any wrongdoing on the part of ... Rentmeester."
The condition of the man and woman injured was unknown as of 1 p.m. Saturday.
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes