TOWN OF KILDARE, Wis. - A 75-year-old man from Lyndon Station is facing life-threatening injuries after his car struck a tractor in rural Juneau County, according to a release from the Wisconsin State Patrol.
Crews were called to County Road HH south of Dombek Road in the town of Kildare at 2:15 p.m. Tuesday for a report of a two-vehicle crash.
Investigators said a car driven by the 75-year-old man struck the rear left tire of a tractor that was mowing the right shoulder of the road. He was flown to UW Hospital in Madison and is in serious condition.
The driver of the tractor, Douglas Bachim, 56, of Mauston, was taken to Hess Memorial Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. He was treated and released.
The road was closed about four hours during the investigation and cleanup.
- Garrison Keillor coming to Breese Stevens Field
- Gun pointed at driver during road rage incident, deputies say
- Wisconsin family rescued from wave that throws them into tide pool
- New Zealand: Janesville doctor must pay for deadly crash
- Police: Crash leads to 4th OWI arrest
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street