TOWN OF KILDARE, Wis. - A 75-year-old man from Lyndon Station is facing life-threatening injuries after his car struck a tractor in rural Juneau County, according to a release from the Wisconsin State Patrol.
Crews were called to County Road HH south of Dombek Road in the town of Kildare at 2:15 p.m. Tuesday for a report of a two-vehicle crash.
Investigators said a car driven by the 75-year-old man struck the rear left tire of a tractor that was mowing the right shoulder of the road. He was flown to UW Hospital in Madison and is in serious condition.
The driver of the tractor, Douglas Bachim, 56, of Mauston, was taken to Hess Memorial Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. He was treated and released.
The road was closed about four hours during the investigation and cleanup.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire