TOWN OF YORK, Wis. - Two people were injured in a possibly drunken-driving single-vehicle crash Saturday night, officials said.
Investigators said the vehicle was traveling southbound on Highway 73 near Clarkson Road when it failed to negotiate a curve and left the roadway. The vehicle came to a stop after hitting a tree.
Alcohol is believed to be a factor in the crash, and one person was cited for operating while intoxicated, deputies said.
The driver was transported by Med Flight to an area hospital, officials said. The passenger was also transported to a hospital with injuries from the crash.
Officials could not comment on the extent of the injuries.
Hwy. 73 was shut down in all directions for several hours following the accident.
- Community supports boy fighting for his life
- Neighborhood initiative aims to diminish crime on Madison's east side
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program