TOWN OF GRATIOT, Wis. - Two men were injured when a semitrailer rolled over on a corner in the town of Gratiot, according to a release from the Lafayette County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies said the semi, driven by Abdullahi Sheikhibrahim Mohamed, 34, of Minneapolis was traveling north on State Highway 78 at about 2:30 a.m. on Thursday when he lost control while rounding a corner. The semi ended up on its side.
Mohamed and his passenger, Hassan Ibrahim Ali Takow, 25, of Dallas, Texas, were taken to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
The semi was severely damaged, according to deputies.
Rural Medical Ambulance, the Gratiot Fire Department, Gratiot First Response, the Warren Police Department, Warren Ambulance, Wisconsin State Patrol, and the Jo Davies Sheriff's Department assisted at the scene.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls