TOWN OF GRATIOT, Wis. - Two men were injured when a semitrailer rolled over on a corner in the town of Gratiot, according to a release from the Lafayette County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies said the semi, driven by Abdullahi Sheikhibrahim Mohamed, 34, of Minneapolis was traveling north on State Highway 78 at about 2:30 a.m. on Thursday when he lost control while rounding a corner. The semi ended up on its side.
Mohamed and his passenger, Hassan Ibrahim Ali Takow, 25, of Dallas, Texas, were taken to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
The semi was severely damaged, according to deputies.
Rural Medical Ambulance, the Gratiot Fire Department, Gratiot First Response, the Warren Police Department, Warren Ambulance, Wisconsin State Patrol, and the Jo Davies Sheriff's Department assisted at the scene.
- 29-year-old man dies from injuries suffered in Beloit fire
- Suspended UW-Madison student wants sex charges dismissed
- Medical center closes while DEA investigates
- UWM instructor hopes students can find solution to lead problem
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash
- Assembly Republicans plan to add $300 million for roads