TOWN OF GRATIOT, Wis. - Two men were injured when a semitrailer rolled over on a corner in the town of Gratiot, according to a release from the Lafayette County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies said the semi, driven by Abdullahi Sheikhibrahim Mohamed, 34, of Minneapolis was traveling north on State Highway 78 at about 2:30 a.m. on Thursday when he lost control while rounding a corner. The semi ended up on its side.
Mohamed and his passenger, Hassan Ibrahim Ali Takow, 25, of Dallas, Texas, were taken to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
The semi was severely damaged, according to deputies.
Rural Medical Ambulance, the Gratiot Fire Department, Gratiot First Response, the Warren Police Department, Warren Ambulance, Wisconsin State Patrol, and the Jo Davies Sheriff's Department assisted at the scene.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say