TOWN OF GRATIOT, Wis. - Two men were injured when a semitrailer rolled over on a corner in the town of Gratiot, according to a release from the Lafayette County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies said the semi, driven by Abdullahi Sheikhibrahim Mohamed, 34, of Minneapolis was traveling north on State Highway 78 at about 2:30 a.m. on Thursday when he lost control while rounding a corner. The semi ended up on its side.
Mohamed and his passenger, Hassan Ibrahim Ali Takow, 25, of Dallas, Texas, were taken to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
The semi was severely damaged, according to deputies.
Rural Medical Ambulance, the Gratiot Fire Department, Gratiot First Response, the Warren Police Department, Warren Ambulance, Wisconsin State Patrol, and the Jo Davies Sheriff's Department assisted at the scene.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK