JANESVILLE, Wis. - Two people were injured in a crash and vehicle fire that involved a truck with a boat trailer attached, officials said.
Crews responded to the intersection of County Highway A and Henke Road for a two-vehicle accident with one person ejected around 3:30 p.m., according to a release.
A Dodge truck and a Chevrolet Cavalier were in the road on the southeast corner of the intersection when crews arrived, officials said. The truck was on its roof up against an electric pole with a boat trailer attached. The boat had separated from the trailer and was approximately 100 feet south of the crash on the shoulder.
The Cavalier was facing southeast with extensive front-end damage, according to the release. Both vehicles' air bags were deployed.
The driver of the truck was sitting against the vehicle and there was a small fire in the engine compartment, officials said. Crews put out the fire and the driver was moved away from the truck by EMS. The driver of the Cavalier was extricated from the vehicle.
Crews investigated the fire that continued to ignite in the truck, and found a substantial fire burning inside the vehicle near the fire wall, according to the release. A small gas leak was found near the gas cap. Crews waited until both drivers were transported away from the scene to safely make sure the fire was put out.
Both drivers were transported to Mercy Hospital and Trauma Center. The extent of their injuries is unknown at this time.Henke Road at County Hwy A, Rock County
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK