ROCK SPRINGS, Wis. - Two people were injured Friday night in a rollover crash in Rock Springs, according to a news release.
The Sauk County Sheriff's Office said it responded to a report at 8:34 p.m. of a two-vehicle crash on East Broadway (Highway 136) at Holtz Street.
Erica A. Burdick, 44, of Baraboo, was driving a Ford Focus west on East Broadway when she lost control and slid sideways into the path of an eastbound Buick driven by 58-year-old Mary Rajchel, of North Freedom, according to the sheriff's office. Burdick's car overturned, landing on its top in a yard south of East Broadway.
Burdick and Rajchel were taken to St. Clare Hospital by ambulance.
Both drivers were wearing their seat belts and airbags deployed, the report said.
Speed and wet highway conditions were factors in the crash, the sheriff's office said.
- Police find 20 bullet casings in far east side park
- Detectives seek help identifying burglar in surveillance pics
- Bill would limit influence of unions on public project bids
- Dane County inmate who was AWOL 10 days back in custody
- Lawmaker wants Milwaukee County sheriff removed
- State Democrats defend abortion access with resolution