ROCK SPRINGS, Wis. - Two people were injured Friday night in a rollover crash in Rock Springs, according to a news release.
The Sauk County Sheriff's Office said it responded to a report at 8:34 p.m. of a two-vehicle crash on East Broadway (Highway 136) at Holtz Street.
Erica A. Burdick, 44, of Baraboo, was driving a Ford Focus west on East Broadway when she lost control and slid sideways into the path of an eastbound Buick driven by 58-year-old Mary Rajchel, of North Freedom, according to the sheriff's office. Burdick's car overturned, landing on its top in a yard south of East Broadway.
Burdick and Rajchel were taken to St. Clare Hospital by ambulance.
Both drivers were wearing their seat belts and airbags deployed, the report said.
Speed and wet highway conditions were factors in the crash, the sheriff's office said.
- Sheriff: Man driving 30 mph over speed limit was drunk
- Stoughton woman faces 5th OWI charge
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands
- Town of Janesville man faces 6th OWI
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000