TOWN OF SPRINGFIELD, Wis. - Two people were injured in a two-vehicle crash Sunday morning around 1:10 a.m. near Waunakee, officials said.
Dane County Sheriff's officials said crews responded to a head-on crash on Highway 19 just west of Waunakee near Kingsley Road in the town of Springfield.
Investigators said a 2001 Chevrolet Impala was traveling eastbound on Highway 19 when it crossed the center line and collided with a 2008 Chevy Impala that was traveling westbound.
Both drivers were trapped inside their vehicles and had to be extricated, officials said. They were transported to UW Hospital for non-life-threatening injuries.
The driver of the 2001 Impala, Klint P. Ketelboeter, 22, of Dane, was arrested on suspicion of first-offense operating while intoxicated and causing injury, and operating left of the center line.
Highway 19 was closed about 1.5 hours during the investigation.Kingsley Road at Highway 19, Waunakee
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart