TOWN OF PRESTON, Wis. - Two people were injured in a two-vehicle head-on crash north of Friendship Friday night, according to a release.
Adams County sheriff's deputies were dispatched to Highway 13 at Cumberland Court in the town of Preston around 8:20 p.m. for reports of a two-vehicle head-on crash, officials said.
Michael Mathewson, 43, of Friendship, was driving north on Highway 13 when the vehicle he was driving crossed the centerline and hit a southbound vehicle being driven by Kim Czarnecki, 33, of Wisconsin Rapids, investigators said.
Czarneck was transported to a local hospital with non-life-threatening injuries, according to the release.
Mathewson's passenger, Joshua Harkins, 33, of Friendship, was injured in the crash, deputies said. Harkins was transported to a local hospital and later transferred by helicopter to another hospital. He is listed as having serious injuries, but is in stable condition.
Impaired driving is believed to be a contributing factor, according to the release.
The crash is still under investigation.26731366
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says