TOWN OF BELMONT, Wis. - Two Fitchburg residents were injured Sunday afternoon when they rear-ended a snowplow on Highway 151 around 1:45 p.m., according to a release.
David R. Bockhop, 64, of Belmont, was operating a Lafayette County Highway Department snowplow southbound on Highway 151 with emergency lights activated, officials said.
Harrison T. Hansen, 24, of Fitchburg, was also traveling southbound on Highway 151 when he rear-ended the snowplow, according to the release.
Hansen and his passenger, Paula M. Hobbins, 74, of Fitchburg, were both injured and transported to Southwest Healthcare Hospital in Platteville, officials said.
The snowplow received moderate damage and the 2001 Chrysler Hansen was driving received extensive damage, according to the release.
Hansen was cited to driving too fast for conditions.
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees