TOWN OF EXCELSIOR, Wis. - A two-vehicle rollover crash resulted in injuries to both drivers in the town of Excelsior Tuesday afternoon, Sauk County sheriff's officials said.
Sauk County officials were dispatched to Highway 33 just west of Northwoods Drive in the town of Excelsior Tuesday around 1:55 p.m., according to a release. Crews were dispatched for reports of a vehicle that had rolled over in the ditch and an occupant was pinned inside.
A 1997 Jeep, operated by Mark T. Henderson, 66, of Reedsburg, was westbound on Highway 33 when it crossed over the centerline and hit a 2004 Chevrolet Impala, operated by Alfred L. Ray, 54, of Reedsburg, investigators said. The Jeep went into the south ditch where it rolled over.
Crews from the Reedsburg Fire Department used extrication tools to remove Henderson from the vehicle, according to the release. He was transported to Reedsburg Area Medical Center for his injuries.
Ray was treated at the scene, officials said.
Both drivers were wearing their seat belt, and officials do not believe alcohol was a factor in the crash, according to the release.
The incident remains under investigation.
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral
- Ryan meets in Janesville with police chiefs from across US
- Review: MSO, APT craft annual 'Beyond the Score' concert
- Pickup truck, car fall through ice on 2 Dodge County lakes
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion