ELKORN, Wis. - The Walworth County Sheriff's Office said one man had to be extricated and flown to the hospital after an early-morning crash on Highway 12 just outside Whitewater, Wis.
The department said a pick-up truck and an SUV collided head on at about 4:30 a.m.
William Fojut, 53, was traveling west on Highway 12 in the pickup truck when sheriff's deputies said the Fojut crossed the center line and struck the SUV traveling east driven by David Wegner, 54.
Sheriff's deputies said Wegner was trapped in the SUV and was extricated by Whitewater Fire and Rescue. Flight for Life transferred Wegner to the UW Hospital in Madison with multiple injuries, according to the report. Fojut was taken by ambulance to an area hospital and was later released with minor injuries.
A UW Hospital representative said Wegner is in fair condition Wednesday.
Both men were wearing seatbelts.
The sheriff's department said alcohol and drugs were not factors in the crash and the crash remains under investigation.
- Chief: Monday 'a horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK
- Look, up in the sky! It's gypsy moth sprayers
- AG Schimel: Undercover campaign videos reveal no crime