TOWN OF WALWORTH, Wis. - A drug investigation in Walworth County ended with the arrest of two Illinois men on Wednesday, according to a release.
Angel Cruz and Froilan Avila-Romo, both of Harvard, Illinois, were arrested on drug charges, police said.
Cruz was stopped on Lakeville Road in the town of Walworth, and police found 3 ounces of cocaine in his vehicle, according to the release.
McHenry County sheriff's deputies also executed a search warrant at a house in Harvard, and found a scale, packaging material, 7.5 grams of cocaine and $2,400 in cash, deputies said. Deputies also searched Cruz's house and recovered 5 grams of cocaine.
Cruz was arrested on three counts of delivery of cocaine and one count of possession with intent to deliver cocaine, deputies said.
Avila-Romo was arrested by McHenry County deputies on tentative charges of delivering cocaine, according to the release. A possession of cocaine charge will also be forwarded from McHenry County against Cruz.
The Walworth County Drug Unit along with the Lake Geneva Police Department, McHenry County Sheriff's Office in Illinois and the Drug Enforcement Administration were involved in the investigation.
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Phone scammer claims to be MPD Chief Mike Koval, officials say
- Icy Dane County road causes nearly 40-car pileup, officials say
- Man, woman caught selling stolen bike on Craigslist, police say
- Evers has $117,000 in bank for superintendent run
- Police: Teens try to open Madison girl's car door, flash gun at her