MILWAUKEE - Milwaukee police said two girls who were missing from a north side home have been found safe.
Sgt. Mark Stanmeyer said 9-year-old Samaria Johnson and 4-year-old Olivia Erkins were dropped off at a police station by a concerned citizen shortly before 1:30 p.m. Sunday. The department is continuing to investigate.
Police said the sisters had been missing since Saturday night. Their parents reported putting them to bed sometime after 10:30 p.m. They said that when they checked 15 minutes later, the girls were gone.
Police said it appeared as if the children took their winter coats with them when they left. There was no sign of forced entry.
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says