MILWAUKEE - Milwaukee police said two girls who were missing from a north side home have been found safe.
Sgt. Mark Stanmeyer said 9-year-old Samaria Johnson and 4-year-old Olivia Erkins were dropped off at a police station by a concerned citizen shortly before 1:30 p.m. Sunday. The department is continuing to investigate.
Police said the sisters had been missing since Saturday night. Their parents reported putting them to bed sometime after 10:30 p.m. They said that when they checked 15 minutes later, the girls were gone.
Police said it appeared as if the children took their winter coats with them when they left. There was no sign of forced entry.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire