TOWN OF TURTLE, Wis. - Two firefighters were injured fighting a blaze Tuesday morning, officials said.
The Town of Beloit Fire Department said crews responded at 8:41 a.m. to a report of a fire in the 20000 block of South Glen Avenue in the town of Turtle.
According to a report, a two-car detached garage was on fire. Fire crews were able to knock down the blaze to keep it from spreading to the house and a neighbor's garage.
The homeowners, Monte and Michelle Babilius, were not home at the time of the fire. A neighbor spotted the fire and called 911, fire officials said.
The fire department said preliminary damage estimates are $25,000 to $30,000.
The cause of the fire was undetermined Tuesday morning, officials said.
No civilian injuries were reported.
Crews remained on scene until 10:30 a.m.
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend