RICHLAND CENTER, Wis. - Richland County sheriff's deputies are still investigating a crash that took the lives of two rural Richland County residents Friday afternoon.
The crash happened on State Highway 80 at County Trunk Highway AA about two miles north of Richland Center.
According to the Richland Sheriff's Department, around 4:10 p.m. a white truck struck an automobile head-on with one vehicle landing on its top.
Richland County EMS and Richland Center Fire Department responded to the scene as well as a Med Flight helicopter from UW Hospital.
According to the Sheriff's Department, Stephen H. Rowland, 70, and Nina M. Rowland, 57, of the Town of Orion were pronounced dead at the scene.
Lonnie L. Kreeger, 63 of Richland Center was injured but transported to Richland Hospital.
The sheriff said that alcohol was not a factor in the crash and the investigation is still ongoing.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land